Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Countdown to There Will Be Blood

Look at that poster and what do you see? Daniel Day-Lewis. Paul Thomas Anderson. A period epic about early days of oil wildcatters set in the west, in the desert. Early word is Day-Lewis gives a blistering performance (that's a shocker!) and that Anderson has made a film that is a stark departure from anything he's done in the past.

Look at that poster again. There Will Be Blood is the most eagerly awaited film for me to see since the latest Malick movie. How much longer do I have to wait until it comes to Tulsa?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering the same thing about Oklahoma City! I have been dying to see this since I saw the trailer before No Country For Old Men. I'm always anxious to see anything PTA does, but that trailer really got me excited for this one. I have every confidence it will be a complete socks-knocker.

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

Me seeing this movie can't come soon enough! Heck, I might drive to OKC to see it if it comes out there earlier than here...let me know.