Monday, September 12, 2011

New Beverly Cinema

Well, it didn't take me long to go to the New Beverly Cinema on our recent five day apartment search in Los Angeles. The day we signed our lease, we actually made it to see the 1987 Wim Wenders film Wings of Desire. I obviously plan on spending a lot of time at this place because our apartment is only a 1/2 mile walk from the New Beverly! I promise that wasn't on my "must-have" list when we started driving all over Los Angeles searching for an apartment. Lucky for me, it just worked out that way. $7 double features!

Photo is of New Beverly at sunset as SJ and I are standing in line to buy our ticket to Wings of Desire.

4 comments:

The Dude said...

Whoa! Jeff Garland and Minnie Driver in one day and that's just while getting a limeade. How about adding a "celebrity sightings" section to your blog? I know you are going to see lots of them. Or maybe a contest to guess how long it will be before sighting....Larry David?

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

I might go CinePaparazzi on these movie stars, ha.

hidden staircase said...

"nobody walks in LA!" - Missing Persons

...and yes, you should do a cinepaparazzi...and maybe even with eavesdropping nuggets...depending on how close you get...ha!

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

If it's that easy to spot 'em, might have to sneak some photos and eavesdrop on 'em. Ha. I will be walking to the New Beverly or Farmer's Market. SJ swears she's walking to work at LACMA. There might not be anyone else doing that though!