Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dead Cinema opening reception/hiatus

A reminder to any area Tulsa readers that my photography exhibit, Dead Cinema, will have its opening reception on September 27 from 6-9. I hope to have a really good turnout and see a lot of people I know, so I hope to see you there. Just a reminder about what Dead Cinema is: twenty photographs of unused/abandoned movie theatres across the state of Oklahoma. I recently was asked to include a selection of Dead Cinema images for a group show at the Norman Arts Council's Mainsite gallery titled Emerging Artists of Oklahoma. So, I'm very excited that this project will get another showing in Norman from December 2011 to late January of 2012. I will possibly add some new theatres located in downtown Los Angeles as they've got some wonderful old palaces sitting empty.

I am so busy with my move to Los Angeles [all our earthly possessions worth taking are loaded onto a "pod" travelling west, so I have no computer at home] that CineRobot is going to take a brief hiatus until I can get settled, unpacked and re-wired in our new apartment in Los Angeles. Hopefully that will be some time in the first week of October.

No comments: