Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Del Mar

Here's a couple of photos of the lovely blue marquee of the Del Mar. Opened in 1939, it seated around 600 fine Los Angelinos before being shuttered as a movie theatre in the 1980s. It was vacant, used as a church, vacant, used as a photography studio and is currently a working recording studio. Don't hope for movies to return here, at some point the seats were taken out and concrete was poured in to level the flooring. Progress!

The Del Mar's marquee remains though and since it is pretty close to where I live, I'll likely be taking more photos of it--I didn't really like the way the light was reflecting off the marquee on the day I stopped to shoot it.



3 comments:

S. Davis said...

I kind of like the 3-d effect, though

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

Does kind of look like that with the neon sticking out--didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

hidden staircase said...

puget sound audio post?!